Safety Perceptions of Children and Youth in Out-Of-Home Care
Call for papers
Deadline: 30 June 2019
This special issue seeks to examine children’s perceptions of safety who reside in out-of-home care. We welcome submissions on the following themes:
- What are the ethics and methodologies of safety research among children in care?
- What is the impact of safety research on the researcher?
- How does “perception of safety” shape a youth’s well-being?
- How do we make a placement both be safe and feel safe?
- What is the role of safety in adult-youth therapeutic relationships?
- What are the future directions for safety research and program development?
- What interventions promote safety in out of home care?
- What do children in care tell us about safety?
- What are the cultural dimensions of safety?
How to submit a paper
Submissions do not have to be research papers, but can be descriptive or conceptual with relevance to practice or policy. Authors are encouraged to discuss their specific focus or ideas with the Guest Editors in advance of submission.
Residential Treatment for Children & Youth receives all manuscript submission electronically via its ScholarOne Manuscripts portal. Please indicate: “Special Issue: Safety Perceptions” when submitting your paper. For formatting guidelines please visit the journal's Instructions for Authors.