Call for Social Media Editor
Tourism Planning & Development
About the role
Tourism Planning & Development is looking for a new Social Media Editor with the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of development. It is a significant role and one that is both creative and dynamic. Please see Tourism Planning & Developments homepage for more information and details of the journal’s Aims & Scope.
The role of the Social Media Editor (SME) is to operate social media accounts on behalf of the journal, driving traffic to journal content and engaging with readers and followers about the journal, trends in the field and publishing tips and queries. The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting journal content and engaging with discussions relevant to tourism, planning and development studies. The SME will work closely with the journal’s current Editorial team to identify suitable content for promotion via the journal’s Twitter account and will also be expected to work independently to engage in discussions relevant to the journal’s audience and to increase its following and Social Media presence. This may include expanding into other platforms in the fullness of time.
The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting journal content and engaging with discussions relevant to tourism, planning and development studies.
Amongst other tasks, the SME will be expected to:
- Identify relevant societies, conferences, social media profiles, blogs and key figureheads in academia and in industry, and keep apprised of their updates, engaging with them where appropriate to build up relationships;
- Share links to the latest issue or articles that have been published in the journal, or any of Routledge’s online marketing campaigns that involve the journal;
- Encourage the submission of articles from expert researchers in the field;
- Be the Ambassador for the journal; build, nurture, and grow a community around it;
- Increase awareness of the articles or special issues published in the journal in all relevant communities and amongst colleagues.
Becoming part of the editorial team of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Social Media Editor please forward your CV, a covering letter detailing why you are a suitable candidate and a vision statement to [email protected] Your vision statement should be no longer than one page and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would begin to develop the journal’s Social Media presence
- How you would maintain and foster relationships with key audiences via Social Media output
Tourism Planning and Development (TPD) aims to explore and advance our theoretical and practical understandings of the intersections between tourism, planning and development studies. Each of these fields of study is characterised by rich scholarly and interdisciplinary traditions. TPD seeks to leverage these and other complementary scholarly traditions to build new interdisciplinary understandings in tourism planing and development.