Call for Editor
Whiteness and Education
About the role
We are looking for a new Editor with a relevant academic background, editorial experience, and passion to drive the journal forward. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic and professional career timetable.
Whiteness and Education publish outstanding and original manuscripts that advance critical understandings of the construction and deployment of Whiteness in educational contexts. This includes, but is not limited to, critical discussions of White racism, White identity, privilege, power and intersectionality.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions, with the support of an editorial board. They will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. Whiteness and Education utilises an online editorial office system, ScholarOne Manuscripts, and production tracking system and the Editor will be supported by Taylor & Francis production and peer review colleagues through the publication process.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses and will work with the Editor to organise editorial board meetings, supplying annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
• Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
• Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
• Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
• The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors and to build a diverse, inclusive editorial board
• This position may be available as a co-editorship – please note your interest in this in your application. The role will formally begin from 1st January 2022 with a handover period towards the end of 2021.
Submitting your application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to Hannah McCluskey [[email protected]]. Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors
Closing date for applications: 23rd July 2021.
Publishes research on the construction and deployment of Whiteness in education including critical discussions on white identity, privilege and power.