Become a Regional Associate Editor (USA) of Policy and Society
Policy and Society is a leading international journal publishing original and innovative research addressing critical issues in policy theory and practice at the local, national and international levels. The journal aims to advance cutting edge research addressing the origins, workings and implications of policies within their broader political, social and economic contexts.
As the only blind peer reviewed, fully open access policy journal, Policy and Society is committed to expanding the scope and dissemination of policy research internationally.
Policy and Society invites applicants for a position as Regional Associate Editor (USA) with broad interests in policy studies from public policy, political science, or sociology, to join the editorial team. The Journal’s current editorial team is geographically dispersed (managing co-editors, Michael Howlett, Canada; Giliberto Capano, Italy; M. Ramesh, Singapore, and Darryl Jarvis, Hong Kong; Regional Associate Editor (Asia), Alex He, Hong Kong; Manager, Social Media and Communications, Kris Hartley, Hong Kong; Editorial Manager, Jessica Yom, Singapore), and divide their time between regional networks, conferences, and academic workshops.
We are seeking to appoint a Regional Associate Editor (USA) to help in the further development of the Journal, including:
- Engagement with prospective authors
- Helping solicit themed issue proposals
- Helping enhance the recognition and brand of the Journal amongst the America policy studies community
- Representing the Journal at conferences, workshops and professional gatherings
- Working with our publisher, Taylor and Francis, promoting the Journal at professional exhibitions
- Helping develop an active professional network in the United States in support of the Journal
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Be active in the policy studies community and able to leverage off professional networks;
- Confident in engaging authors;
- Have strong organisational skills;
- Proactive in fostering positive working relationships with colleagues, authors and prospective authors.
Submitting your Application:
To apply, please forward your CV and a covering letter by email to our Editorial Manager, Jessica Yom, [email protected]
Applications should reach the Editorial Manager by December 1, 2020.
About the Journal
Policy and Society is a leading international journal that publishes original and innovative research addressing critical issues in policy theory and practice at the local, national and international levels. It seeks to understand the origin, workings and implications of policies within their broader political, social and economic contexts.