CALL FOR EDITOR AND DEPUTY EDITOR(S)
NORDIC SOCIAL WORK RESEARCH
About the Journal
Nordic Social Work Research is recruiting for a new editor and at least one deputy editor to edit the steadily expanding journal for a three-year period starting January 1, 2022.
The journal was established in 2011 by the Nordic Social Work Research Associations (FORSAs) to promote and disseminate high quality research on social work in the Nordic countries by publishing peer reviewed original articles. Social work is understood in a broad sense and includes practices as well as conditions and policy. The journal has four issues per year and is published by Taylor & Francis. Editing the journal provides a unique insight into new research and academic discussions in social work in the Nordic countries and beyond.
About the Role:
The editors should be highly qualified academics in the field of social work research and have extensive experience in writing, reviewing and editing academic texts.
The tasks of the editor and deputy editors include the following:
- The editor has the overall responsibility for the editorial work including cooperating with the editorial board of the journal
- The editor is assisted by the deputy editors
- The detailed distribution of work between the editor and deputy editors is discussed
and agreed at the beginning of each period of editorship
- The editor and deputy editors are responsible for selecting suitable reviewers for each new submitted manuscript, drawing on the expertise of members of the editorial board and inviting guest reviewers with an appropriate background in the topic of the submission, and for making fair decisions based on the reviews
- The editor and deputy editors cooperate with the forum of the FORSA presidents and the publisher, Taylor & Francis.
The publisher pays a small honorarium for editorial work.
The editors are selected by Taylor & Francis and the forum of the FORSA presidents based on their written applications. The applications should include:
- a CV with a list of publications;
- the applicants' statement of interest for editorial work, including their vision for the journal under their editorship;
Applications should be sent to Anna Parkinson, Taylor & Francis Portfolio Manager, at [email protected]. The present editor of Nordic Social Work Research,
Bagga Bjerge, is also available at [email protected] for further information about the role.
The closing date for applications is May 1st, 2021.
Nordic Social Work Research publishes articles on social work, social care, social pedagogy and social policy in the Nordic countries.