Announcement for Co-Editors
Nordic Social Work Research
Nordic Social Work Research is recruiting at least two Co-editors to edit the steadily expanding journal for a three-year period starting November 1, 2019.
The journal was established in 2011 by the Nordic Social Work Research Associations (FORSAs) to promote and disseminate high quality research on social work in the Nordic countries by publishing peer reviewed original articles, with social work understood in a broad sense, including practices as well as conditions and policy. It has three issues per year and is published by Taylor & Francis. Editing the journal provides a unique insight into new research and academic discussions in social work in the Nordic countries and beyond.
The editors should be highly qualified academics in the field of social work research and have extensive experience in writing, reviewing and editing academic texts. The editorship should be shared between at least two countries. For the next period the co-editors should preferably come from Finland, Norway and/or Sweden. However, it is equally important to make sure that the appointed editors are highly academically qualified and have interest and engagement in editorial work and in developing the journal.
The tasks of the editor and co-editor include the following:
- The editor has the overall responsibility for the editorial work including cooperating with the Editorial Board and the International Editorial Board of the journal
- The editor invites an editorial assistant/secretary to support the editorial work
- The editor is assisted by the co-editors
- The detailed distribution of work between the Editor and Co-editors is discussed and agreed at the beginning of each period of editorship
- The editor and co-editor is responsible for selecting suitable reviewers for each new submitted manuscript, drawing on the expertise of members of the editorial board and inviting guest reviewers with an appropriate background in the topic of the submission, and for making fair decisions based on the reviews
- The editor and co-editor cooperate with the forum of the Forsa Presidents, the publisher and the editorial board set by the Forsa Presidents
The publisher pays a small honorarium for editorial work.
The Co-editors are selected by the forum of the presidents of the Nordic Social Work Research Associations based on their written applications. The applications should include:
- a CV with a list of publications
- the applicants' statement of interest for editorial work
- a letter of commitment of the home university to demonstrate that the editorship has organizational support
The applications should be sent to the present editor of Nordic Social Work Research, Professor Maria Eriksson by email email@example.com by September 9, 2019. She is also available for further information at that e-mail address.