Call for Editor-in-Chief
Research in Mathematics
About the Role
Taylor & Francis are looking to recruit an Editor-in-Chief for the journal Research in Mathematics, it is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal covering a broad range of pure, applied and foundational mathematics.
We are now seeking an outstanding academic researcher or practitioner with an international reputation for research excellence, a passion for communication, and an understanding of open access research. Prior experience in editing a scientific journal would be beneficial, but all candidates will be considered. The Editor will have the opportunity to build on the Journal’s success and work with Taylor & Francis to help shape its future direction by identifying strategies to enhance its quality and reputation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making employing the Journal’s existing online submission and peer review system, ScholarOne Manuscripts™. They will have the authority to handle and accept papers following successful peer reviews and ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s publishing ethics policies. Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover journal-related expenses. We will also provide the successful candidate with full ScholarOne Manuscripts™ training and organize regular meetings with Taylor & Francis where we supply data on trends in the discipline to help shape the direction of the Journal.
- Overseeing the technical content and quality of Research in Mathematics
- Providing input on all aspects of content, initial vetting of manuscripts and article selections for each issue
- Implementing improvements to the overall editorial structure of Research in Mathematics
- Ensuring the editorial board of the Journal is as diverse as possible to fully reflect its position as an international journal with a broad scope
- Interacting with board members for receipt of reviews, recommendations, decisions, etc.
- Chairing and directing editorial board meetings
- Making periodic assessments of the editorial board and recommending changes when appropriate
- Acting as a spokesperson for Research in Mathematics in public forums, meetings and conferences
- Developing and maintaining beneficial links with other journals and associated organizations
- The successful candidate must be able to assess the scientific merit of research papers, provide editorial direction, and stay abreast of and discuss scientific developments at a high level with academics and practitioners during travel to conferences.
The Editor-in-Chief should possess the following characteristics:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- A published author and prior experience as a reviewer
- Previous editorial experience, which could include membership of a journal editorial board or acting as a special issue guest editor
- Knowledge of and experience with Open Access publishing
- Experience of using online submission systems such as ScholarOne Manuscripts™
Submitting Your Application
If you would be interested in applying for the position of Editor-in-Chief please forward your CV and a covering letter to the Portfolio Manager for consideration: [email protected].
Research in Mathematics is an open access journal publishing all areas of pure, applied and foundational mathematics. Topics covered include but are not limited to the following broad general areas, and the Editor-in-Chief will update this list with additional topics as appropriate:
• Calculus and analysis
• Geometry and topology
• Number theory
• History and Philosophy of Mathematics
• Mathematical art
• Dynamical systems
• Differential equations
• Mathematical physics
• Theory of computation
• Information theory and signal processing
• Game theory
• Operations research
The journal primarily publishes research articles, but also welcomes review articles and case studies.