Would you like to be the EDITOR of Law and Financial Markets Review?
We are looking for a new Editor with an academic background in financial law, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable. The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. He or she will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics, as well as having considerable scope to shape the future direction of the journal.
Taylor & Francis will support you in all aspects of the role. We offer remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. We provide training and support on all editorial processes and systems, including the journal online editorial office system, ScholarOne, which manages the peer-review process, and will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Able to work with the publisher to identify strategies to enhance the quality and reputation of the Journal, its citation levels, and readership / circulation
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as reviewers
The role will formally begin within 2021.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to the Portfolio Manager Gemma Parsons at [email protected] . Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors
About the Journal
The Law and Financial Markets Review is an English language journal devoted to providing high quality information, comment and analysis for lawyers specialising in banking and financial market issues and to others with interests in legal and regulatory developments affecting the financial markets. Published four times a year LFMR contains articles written by leading experts providing a forum for practical guidance on, as well as reflective and topical analysis of, all major jurisdictions, with a particular focus on the interaction between the law and market practice and behaviour.