Journal of Tourism History seeks applicants for an Editor position.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide a clear vision for the direction of the Journal of Tourism History that aligns with the mission of the journal
- Manage the peer review process of submitted manuscripts throughout the year
- Solicit high-quality manuscripts from potential authors
- Work with Taylor & Francis Editorial and Production Staff to oversee the strategic and operational direction, performance, and production of the journal
- Facilitate regular Editorial Board Meetings
- Maintain and update administrative documents (e.g., position descriptions, guidelines)
Applicants should have an established record of scholarship in the field of tourism, and previous experience of conducting quality and timely reviews for scholarly journals. Applicants should also have a PhD in history or related discipline and hold a strong historical view of tourism. Experience with Scholar One and having published in Journal of Tourism History are preferred, but not required. Applicants should have strong writing skills in English.
- Application Letter: Please provide a letter of interest that includes the following:
- Describe your vision for the Journal of Tourism History as its Editor – Briefly explain why you are interested and how you would contribute to the journal as an Editor.
- Curriculum Vita(e).
Review of applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please submit application materials and questions to Charlotte Stanton ([email protected]).
The Journal of Tourism History is the primary venue for peer-reviewed scholarship covering all aspects of the evolution of tourism from earliest times to the postwar world. Articles address all regions of the globe and often adopt interdisciplinary approaches for exploring the past.