Journal of Heritage Tourism seeks applicants for an Editor position. The new Editor will shadow the current Editor for mentorship to ensure a smooth transition. The new Editor will assume the full role in the fall of 2020.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide a clear vision for the direction of the Journal of Heritage Tourism that aligns with the mission of the journal
- Manage the peer review process of submitted manuscripts throughout the year
- Solicit high-quality manuscripts from potential authors
- Work with Taylor & Francis Editorial and Production Staff to oversee the strategic and operational direction, performance, and production of the journal
- Facilitate regular Editorial Board Meetings
- Maintain and update administrative documents (e.g., position descriptions, guidelines)
Applicants should have an established record of scholarship in the field of tourism, and previous experience of conducting quality and timely reviews for scholarly journals. Experience with Scholar One and having published in Journal of Heritage Tourism are preferred, but not required.
- Application Letter: Please provide a letter of interest that includes the following:
- Describe your vision for the Journal of Heritage Tourism as its Editor – Briefly explain why you are interested and how you would contribute to the journal as an Editor.
- Curriculum Vita(e).
Review of applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please submit application materials and questions to Charlotte Stanton ([email protected]).
The Journal of Heritage Tourism ( JHT ) is a peer-reviewed, international transdisciplinary journal. JHT focuses on exploring the many facets of one of the most notable and widespread types of tourism. Heritage tourism is among the very oldest forms of travel. Activities such as visits to sites of historical importance, including built environments and urban areas, rural and agricultural landscapes, natural regions, locations where historic events occurred and places where interesting and significant living cultures dominate are all forms of heritage tourism. As such, this form of tourism dominates the industry in many parts of the world and involves millions of people.