Call for Editor
Review of Education, Pedagogy, and Cultural Studies
About the Role
Review of Education, Pedagogy, and Cultural Studies is looking for a new Editor with an academic background in researching and examining pedagogy through a cultural lens and with the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. It is a significant role with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions and for recruiting and coordinating with special issue guest editors. They will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics.
Becoming an editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community. Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
• Someone who is active in the educational research community with strong personal networks
• Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
• Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
• The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues, including the journal's editorial board
• This position may be available as a co-editorship – please note your interest in this in your application
Submitting Your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor please forward your CV and a vision statement to the journal's Taylor & Francis Portfolio Manager, Kerry Boyles ([email protected]). Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
• Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
• How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
• How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
• How you would work with authors and guest editors
The outgoing Editor of the journal, Dr Deborah Sutton is happy to discuss the duties and responsibilities of the post informally and can be contacted at [email protected]
The Review of Education, Pedagogy and Cultural Studies is committed to publishing research which examines and unpacks the complex relationship between pedagogy and the host of pressing political, social, cultural, and economic issues that dominate educational discourse. The journal seeks manuscripts that take a critical perspective on how power is exercised, intensified, and resisted in educational spaces. The Review of Education, Pedagogy and Cultural Studies prides itself on offering interdisciplinary perspectives and research with civic purposiveness. The journal publishes research and/or narratives which are accessible and of interest across various disciplines.