Share your Research.
Journalism Studies is a flagship journal in the field of journalism, which provides a forum for the study and critical discussion of journalism as both a subject of academic inquiry and an arena of professional practice. The journal’s editorial board and contributors reflect the intellectual interests of a global community of academics and practitioners concerned with addressing and analyzing aspects that seek to provide a stronger foundation of knowledge in the field of journalism.
Journalism Studies pursues an ambitious agenda which encourages exploration of the widest possible range of media and specialisms associated with journalism. It does so by embracing the interdisciplinary nature of journalism studies, which has marked the field since its start. The journal is global in outlook and encourages submissions from a diverse range of geo-political backgrounds. Journalism Studies is committed to publishing work that meets the highest standards of scholarship. This means that manuscripts should be written for an international readership and substantially contribute to conceptual and theoretical models, adhere to measurement and methodological best practices, or advance our understanding of innovative methods and research issues in the field of journalism.
We welcome papers on the following topics:
- Theories and conceptual frameworks of journalism
- Epistemological concerns in journalism studies
- Methodological best practices in journalism studies
- Political dimensions of journalism
- Ethical and legal concerns and practices in journalism
- Social and cultural dimensions of journalism
- Technology and journalism
- Economic aspects of journalism
- Journalism and its audiences
- Historical inquiries into journalism
- Issues of diversity in journalism
- Journalism Education
- And more
Journalism Studies is accepting general submissions and submissions for an upcoming special issue.
Helping you Publish your Research
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
Why publish with Journalism Studies?
- Make a significant impact. Journalism Studies is a well-established and highly respected flagship journal in the field.
- Grow your readership. The journal has a wide, global readership.
- Be an established author in your field. Essays published in Journalism Studies will have the opportunity to be nominated for the Bob Franklin Journal Article Award.
- Broaden your reach. The journal is affiliated with other top journalism journals in the field: Digital Journalism and Journalism Practice.
Why publish with Routledge?
In addition to publishing in this prestigious journal, authors will be able to:
- Validate your research through a thorough, double-blind peer review process;
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration;
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site;
- Immediately see the impact of your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works;
- and much more!