Share your research.
About the Journal
The Journal of Medieval Iberian Studies (JMIS) is a leading interdisciplinary journal for innovative scholarship on the multiple languages, cultures, and historical processes of the Iberian Peninsula, and the zones with which it was in contact. We encourage submission of all innovative scholarship of interest to the community of medievalists and Iberianists, and welcome informal inquiries.
JMIS, which aims to bring theoretically informed approaches into creative contact with more empirically minded scholarship, encompasses archaeology, art and architecture, music, philosophy and religious studies, as well as history, codicology, manuscript studies and the multiple Arabic, Latin, Romance, and Hebrew linguistic and literary traditions of Iberia. We welcome work that engages peninsular Iberia in relation to other parts of the medieval world addressing links of with the Maghreb, Iberia’s presence in the Mediterranean, or adopting an Atlantic frame.
Helping you publish your research
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
To submit an article, please visit this page.
Why publish in Journal of Medieval Iberian Studies?
- Make a significant impact. JMIS is a well-established and highly respected journal.
- Grow your readership. The journal has wide international readership.
- Raise your profile in your field. Essays published in JMIS are indexed in Humanities Index; International Humanities Index; Scopus, Arts and Humanities Citation Index®; Current Contents®/Arts & Humanities.
- Broaden your reach. Interdisciplinary in scope, JMIS engages with cutting-edge debates in multiple scholarly fields.
Why publish with Routledge?
By publishing in this prestigious journal, authors will be able to:
- Validate and strengthen your research through a thorough, double-blind peer review process;
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration;
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site;
- Immediately see the impact of your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works;