Publish your research in Journal of Conflict Archaeology
We invite you to contribute your research to Journal of Conflict Archaeology and share your work with a diverse and growing community.
Journal of Conflict Archaeology has a worldwide scope and publishes original articles on conflict archaeology from all periods and geographical regions. The Journal welcomes the following topics but is always interested to receive papers that explore other spheres of conflict.
- Battlefield and military archaeology
- Archaeology of industrial and popular protest
- Contested landscapes and monuments
- Nationalism and colonialism
- Class conflict
- The origins of conflict
- Forensic applications in war-zones
- Human rights cases
The Journal is edited from the Centre for Battlefield Archaeology at the University of Glasgow, UK. The Centre is the first facility of its kind and has earned a reputation as an international centre of excellence for the burgeoning study of the archaeology of battlefields and other archaeological manifestations of human conflict.
Why publish with us?
- The prestige of publishing in this Routledge Journal, which is indexed in Scopus and Clarivate’s Web of Science.
- Validate your research through a robust peer review process.
- Opportunities to publish large supplementary data sets on Figshare and multimedia content, including embedded videos, 3D models and image abstracts.
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration.
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and receive tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site and post-publication emails.
- Immediately see the impact your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article in My Authored Works.
How to submit your paper
We welcome submissions of original research articles between 5000 and 8000 words, inclusive of the abstract, tables, references, figure captions, footnotes, endnotes.
For more information on how to submit your paper, please visit the Instructions for Authors page.
Papers are submitted via the Submission Portal, which allows you to see your submissions across Taylor & Francis' journal portfolio in one place. To submit your manuscript please click here.
We look forward to reviewing your paper!