Cogent Arts & Humanities
A Routledge-affiliated Open Access journal
Cogent Arts & Humanities is a leading multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal that welcomes research across the full breadth of the arts and humanities, as well as work exploring interconnections. As part of Routledge, and under the expert guidance of the global editorial team, the journal’s mission is to make quality arts and humanities research accessible to all.
Why publish with Cogent Arts & Humanities?
- Grow your readership. Publishing fully Open Access will give immediate and everlasting free access to your article to anyone worldwide.
- See your article published quickly. The journal boasts swift online publication on a state-of-the-art platform.
- Prioritize your content over style. Save time and submit your article format-free, using your chosen scholarly format or layout.
- Broaden your reach. The journal publishes research from all disciplines and approaches in the humanities, media, and the arts, including multidisciplinary work.
- Publish high-quality research. Every article undergoes rigorous peer-review featuring constructive dialogue with experts and the expertise of high-quality Routledge production services.
What can you expect if you publish in Cogent Arts & Humanities?
- Retain full copyright of your work
- Global marketing and high production values
- Innovative article-level performance metrics
- Extensive indexing and archiving of your work, including Web of Science (Emerging Sources Citation Index) and Scopus
Culture, Media, & Film
"Achieving media independence through legal and regulatory measures: A formality or reality?"
Jacob Nyarko, Eric Opoku Mensah, & Stephen Kwame Owusu-Amoh
Literature, Linguistics, & Criticism
Philosophy & Religion
Introducing a new section on Cultural Heritage
Publishes work spanning the full range of cultural heritage research; inclusive of archaeology, anthropology, (including museum, heritage and conservation studies) and the connections and subdisciplines in-between and adjacent. Submissions of research and reviews are encouraged that explore diverse chronological contexts, global and local perspectives, and theoretical and methodological approaches.