Join the conversation.
About the Journal
American Journalism, the peer-reviewed, quarterly journal of the American Journalism Historians Association, publishes original articles on the history of journalism, media, and mass communication in the United States and internationally. The journal also features historiographical and methodological essays, book reviews, and digital media reviews.
Contributions may focus on social, economic, intellectual, political or legal issues. American Journalism also welcomes articles that treat the history of communication in general; the history of broadcasting, advertising and public relations; the history of media outside the United States; and theoretical issues in the literature or methods of media history.
Helping you Publish your Research
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
To submit an article, please visit this page.
Why publish in American Journalism?
- Make a significant impact. American Journalism is a well-established and highly respected journal.
- Grow your readership. The journal has wide readership among the members of the American Journalism Historians Association, and across the globe.
- Be an established author in your field. Essays published in American Journalism fall under original articles, book reviews, and digital media reviews.
- Broaden your reach. American Journalism represents broad global interests, and is multidisciplinary in scope.
Why publish with Routledge?
In addition to publishing in this prestigious benefits authors will be able to:
- Validate your research through a robust, double-blind peer review process;
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration;
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site;
- Immediately see the impact of your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works;
- and much more!