Publish your research in Journal of African Diaspora Archaeology and Heritage
2019 will be an exciting time of change and development for Journal of African Diaspora Archaeology and Heritage as Editor Chris Fennell hands over editorship to Lydia Wilson Marshall and moves into the role of Associate Editor. Lydia, who has been working on the Journal as an Associate Editor, has exciting plans for 2019 and beyond.
As such, we invite you to contribute your research to Journal of African Diaspora Archaeology and Heritage and share your work with a diverse and growing community. Journal of African Diaspora Archaeology and Heritage has a broad scope and publishes original articles on the social dynamics and historical legacies of African descendant cultures and communities worldwide.
The Journal invites articles and research essays on broad topics, including the historical processes of culture, economics, gender, power, and racialization operating within and upon African descendant communities.
Please see below examples of recent articles:
- Digital Media, Participatory Culture, and Difficult Heritage: Online Remediation and the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade
- Assemblages of the Dead: Interpreting the Biocultural and Taphonomic Signature of Afro-Cuban Palo Practice in Florida
- The Expanding Legacy of the Enslaved Potter-Poet David Drake
The Journal also welcomes applications for themed issues. Recent topics include:
Why publish with us?
In addition to the prestige of publishing in this Routledge Journal, authors receive the following benefits:
- Validate your research through a robust peer review process.
- Opportunities to publish large supplementary data sets on Figshare and multimedia content, including embedded videos and image abstracts.
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration.
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and receive tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site and our post-publication emails.
- Immediately see the impact your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article in My Authored Works.
How to submit your paper
We welcome submissions of original research articles up to 10,000 words.
For more information on how to submit your paper, please visit the Instructions for Authors page.
Papers are submitted via the Submission Portal, which allows you to see your submissions across Taylor & Francis' journal portfolio in one place. To submit your manuscript please click here.
We look forward to reviewing your paper!