Join the Conversation
with Population Studies
Population Studies publishes topically interesting and varied articles from a geographically diverse authorship in the field of Demography as well as related disciplines.
It is the oldest existing demography journal in the English language, established in 1947, and is highly respected and cited, with a current 5-year impact factor of 1.99. Population Studies' coverage of the field is comprehensive: the subjects are evenly divided between those relevant to less developed and those to developed countries, and it regularly publishes papers in historical demography and on advances of methods of demographic analysis.
The journal has a board of distinguished and well-known Editors, the majority of which are based in the UK, but also with representation from the US, Europe and South Africa. It has high production values, including the active participation of the editorial board in editing papers. The dedicated copy editor has extensive demographic expertise.
Why publish with us?
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration.
- Enjoy a rapid publication process and validate your research with our robust peer review.
- Gain recognition from an interdisciplinary, international readership.
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site.
- Immediately see the impact of your research in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article through My Authored Works.