Call for Editor-in-Chief
Petroleum Science and Technology
About the Role
Would you like to be the Editor-in-Chief of Petroleum Science and Technology?
Taylor & Francis is looking to recruit a new Editor-in-Chief for Petroleum Science and Technology (PST) for 2022. PST is a high-quality publication that explores the scientific and technological processing aspects of petroleum.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all editorial aspects of the Journal by ensuring the highest standards of academic rigor, maintaining the submission and peer-review process, and (with the assistance of Taylor & Francis’s Portfolio Manager) identifying strategies to enhance the quality and reputation of the Journal.
While Taylor & Francis is here to support the Journal, we look to the Editor-in-Chief to set the tone for the publication. Specifically, the Editor-in-Chief determines the Aims & Scope, appoints the Editorial Board, solicits manuscripts, maintains ethics and integrity, and creates the overall vision for the journal. The ideal candidate is collaborative, flexible, and active in the scholarly community. They also have strong personal networks which will help shape the journal.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role, along with resources, training on the peer review system and production tracking system, an annual report to reflect on the performance of the Journal annually and inform you of future strategy and direction. PST utilizes an online peer review system, ScholarOne Manuscripts, and a production tracking system.
Becoming the Editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community. The Editor-in-Chief is supported by an international Editorial Board who can form the core of the journal’s reviewer base, assist with the peer-review process for submitted manuscripts, promote the journal to their networks and regions, as well as help to advise on the strategic direction of the journal.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential and will be judged on its merits without regard to the race, religion, nationality, sex, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the candidate.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
• Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
• An academic who is collaborative, open minded, flexible, and forward thinking
• Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
• Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
• The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Editorial Board members
• Someone who will act as spokesperson for PST in public forums, meetings, and conferences
Submitting Your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief, please forward your CV, a cover letter, and a vision statement to Portfolio Manager, Bailey Young at [email protected] by November 12, 2021. Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
• Where you believe the field is going, and the Journal’s place within it
• How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
• How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
• How you would work with authors
• You are welcome to comment on the current Aims & Scope and Editorial Board, identifying any changes or improvements you would seek to make.
We will be looking to conduct interviews in the weeks following the November 12th deadline, and the position will start February 1st, 2022.
The international journal of Petroleum Science and Technology publishes original, high-quality peer-reviewed research and review articles that explore:
- The fundamental science of fluid-fluid and rock-fluids interactions and multi-phase interfacial and transport phenomena through porous media related to advanced petroleum recovery processes,
- The application of novel concepts and processes for enhancing recovery of subsurface energy resources in a carbon-sensitive manner,
- Case studies of scaling up the laboratory research findings to field pilots and field-wide applications.
- Other salient technological challenges facing the petroleum industry.