The Editor is responsible to the publishers, Taylor & Francis, for:
• Soliciting and encouraging submissions to Perspectives.
• Leading the Editorial team – currently two Deputy Editors, Charlotte Verney and Joanne Caldwell, and three Associate Editors, one of whom also acts as the journal’s Social Media Editor and another as Secretary to the Editorial Board.
• Working with the Editorial Board to maintain and enhance the Journal’s quality and reputation nationally and internationally.
• Identifying and encouraging suitable peer reviewers.
• Monitoring the work of other members of the editorial team to ensure the smooth running of the journal.
• As necessary, recruiting experienced new members of the editorial team.
• Together with the Chair of the Editorial Board, supporting the processes for the identification and recruitment of new Editorial Board members.
• Representing the journal at appropriate conferences and other events.
• Providing reports to the Editorial Board, which normally meets four times per year. Meetings are normally held via video-conferencing.
Taylor & Francis provides Editorial Assistant support to assist with the administrative aspects of managing the journal’s ScholarOne Manuscripts website, including checking that all necessary files and information have been submitted, correspondence with authors and reviewers as required on technical aspects of submitting and reviewing, and sending accepted manuscripts into their production system.