Open Access Engineering
at Taylor & Francis
Our Open Access Engineering portfolio covers a broad scope of fields, including systems and control engineering, mechanical and materials engineering, civil and building engineering, communication and computing.
We know that publishing high-quality research quickly and having it available to the widest possible audience is key to advancing science and making a real impact.
For our authors, this means greater discoverability and accessibility, and more citations, collaborations and possibilities. For our readers and the communities we serve, this means we can deliver the science needed to make decisions, improve conditions and better the world.
Take a look below and know that we are here to serve you, whether that’s to find the best home for your research, to find the evidence to support a decision, or simply to engage with the global engineering community.
Cogent Engineering encourages interdisciplinary research and also accepts negative results, software article, replication studies and reviews.
One of the largest, multidisciplinary open access engineering journals of peer-reviewed research, Cogent Engineering, part of the Taylor & Francis Group, covers all areas of engineering and technology, from chemical engineering to computer science, and mechanical to materials engineering.
Cogent Engineering considers original primary research articles, review articles, rapid communications and software articles in any of the following areas of engineering research
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Production & Manufacturing
- Systems & Control
Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics
Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics publishes research into computational techniques and numerical methods in fluid mechanics and their applications to various engineering fields.
The journal publishes original research papers, review articles and discussions on the following themes:
- Innovative computational strategies for engineering problems
- Applications of artificial intelligence
- New computing environments and advanced visualization techniques
- Application of object-oriented technology to engineering problems
- Computer-aided design and integrated systems
- Industrial experiences in the application of the above techniques
Systems Science & Control Engineering
Fully Open Access
One of the first Open Access journals in systems and control, SSCE publishes the latest research in theoretical and applied systems science and control engineering.
The journal encourages the submission of original articles, reviews and short communications in areas including, but not limited to
- Artificial Intelligence
- Complex Systems
- Complex Networks
- Control Theory
- Control Applications
- Dynamical Systems Theory
- Operations Research
- Systems Biology
- Systems Dynamics
- Systems Ecology
- Systems Engineering
- Systems Psychology
- Systems Theory
Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering
The Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering publishes research on natural, geographical, socio-economical and cultural conditions in Asia, providing architects and building engineers with solutions.
The journal aims to contribute to resolve or mitigate these global and local problems by bringing together new ideas and developments from Asian countries as well as European, American and African countries. The editors welcome contributions from all over the world.
Fuzzy Information and Engineering
Fully Open Access
Fuzzy Information and Engineering wants to provide a unified communication platform for researchers in a wide area of topics from pure and applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, and other related fields.
Technical topics within the scope include, but are not limited to
- Fuzzy Information
- Fuzzy Sets and Systems
- Soft Computing
- Fuzzy Engineering
- Fuzzy Operations Research
- Artificial Intelligence
Fully Open Access
Journal for Control, Measurement, Electronics, Computing and Communications
Automatika is an international, peer reviewed journal, publishing high-quality, original research in the field of automatic control, robotics, measurements, electronics, computing, communications and related areas.
Specific areas of interest include, but are not limited to
- Control Systems
- Control of Power Electronics, Electrical Drives and Power Systems
- Electronics and Communication Engineering and Technology
- Signal Processing, Computer Vision and Computational Intelligence
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems
Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering
Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering (HTSE) promotes scientific understanding and technological development in heat treatment and surface engineering of metals and other materials.
Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering publishes original research and critical review articles on the following themes
- Improved understanding of existing and emerging heat treatment and surface engineering processes
- Development of novel heat treatment and surface engineering processes;
- Improved understanding of processes which are closely related to heat treatment and surface engineering processes such as thermomechanical processing of metals and other materials and surface coatings
- Novel microstructures and enhanced properties as a result of heat treatment and surface engineering
- Novel phenomena such as phase transformations and other property changes as a result of heat treatment and surface engineering
- Any other original research work which is closely related to the heat treatment and surface engineering of metals and other materials.
International Journal of Optomechatronics
Indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE), Scopus, and the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
International Journal of Optomechatronics publishes the latest results of multidisciplinary research at the crossroads between optics, mechanics, fluidics and electronics.
Topics you can submit include, but are not limited to
- Adaptive optics
- Machine vision, tracking and control
- Image-based micro-/nano- manipulation
- Control engineering for optomechatronics
- Optomechatronics systems in bio- and medical technologies
- Optical sensors and light-based actuators
- Optomechatronics for astronomy and space applications
- Optical-based inspection and fault diagnosis
- Micro-/nano- optomechanical systems (MOEMS)
- Optical assembly and packaging
- Optical and vision-based manufacturing, processes, monitoring, and control
- Optical metrology