Cogent Arts & Humanities is a leading multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed open access journal that welcomes research across the full breadth of the arts and humanities. As part of Routledge, and under the expert guidance of the global editorial team, the journal’s mission is to make quality arts and humanities research accessible to all. Routledge are seeking to appoint a new Editor who will take charge of the journal’s burgeoning History section.
The History Senior Editor will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making in the section, overseeing submissions and peer review, and would be welcome to invite board members to support them. Routledge will provide training on systems and processes used, including the Cogent Arts & Humanities Editorial Manager site, as well as remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. Routledge will also be able to supply data reflecting on the performance of the journal to support ongoing development.
Cogent Arts & Humanities is currently indexed in the Web of Science Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), Scopus and the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). For more information on the journal, please visit: https://www.cogentoa.com/journal/arts-and-humanities.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Active within the online research community;
- Knowledge and awareness of Open Access publishing;
- Experience with academic publishing (special issues, peer review, edited collections, etc.);
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to attract the highest quality submissions;
- Strong organisational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues;
- Time to devote to the journal’s development and act as an ambassador for the journal.
Submitting your Application
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV and a short covering letter to Becky Guest, Routledge, (email@example.com) by 17th August 2020. Co-editors may be considered and should express their interest jointly.
Cogent Arts & Humanities is a leading multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed open access journal, publishing research across the breadth of the arts and humanities. Part of Taylor & Francis / Routledge, the journal has a mission to make research and knowledge accessible to all – authors therefore benefit from high visibility and readership for their work. The journal’s broad scope allows researchers to explore interconnected subject areas.