Call For Editor for Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems
Application Deadline: 15th January
About the Journal:
About the Role
We are seeking an outstanding academic researcher(s) and/or practitioner(s) with an international reputation for research excellence, a passion for communication, and ideally prior experience of editing a scientific journal. The successful candidate(s) will have the opportunity to work with Taylor & Francis to help shape the future direction of Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems, by identifying strategies to enhance its quality and reputation. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making. They will have the authority to accept articles following successful peer review.
Working collaboratively with the Editorial Board and the Publisher, the successful candidate(s) will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Overseeing the content and quality of Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems
- Soliciting, receiving, and processing new contributions to the journal through the peer review process, ensuring that all reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal's Code of Publishing Ethics.
- Encouraging the submission of manuscripts from both established researchers in the field and promising early career researchers
- Providing input on all aspects of submissions - from initial vetting of manuscripts, to article selections for each issue
- Review and expand the pool of reviewers as necessary, in terms of size, topic speciality, and geographical representation
- Implementing improvements to the overall editorial structure of Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems and interacting with board members for receipt of reviews, recommendations, decisions, etc.
- Chairing and directing editorial board meetings held annually
- Making periodic assessments of the editorial board and recommending changes when appropriate
- Acting as spokesperson for Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems in public forums, meetings and conferences
- Developing and maintaining beneficial links with other journals and associated organizations
To ensure that the integrity and reputation of the journal is maintained at all times, Editors are expected to adhere to the publishing ethics outlined in the COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors
Interested in applying? Here’s what we’re looking for in the successful applicant(s):
- Active in the community, with strong networks
- Confidence, and the ability to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- Ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
- A published author and prior experience as a reviewer
- Previous editorial experience, which could include membership of a journal editorial board or acting as a special issue guest editor
- Experience of using online submission systems
- The successful candidate(s) must be able to assess the scientific merit of research papers, provide editorial direction, and stay abreast of and discuss scientific developments at a high level with academics and practitioners during travel to conferences.
This position may be available as a co-editorship - please note your interest in this in your application. Interested candidates are requested to email a CV and covering letter to the Portfolio Manager (email@example.com) by 15th January 2020