Terms & Conditions
Enter to win a $200 books voucher at MRS 2019!
So you've made your way to the Taylor & Francis booth at #F19MRS. Will you dare to share a comment on our whiteboard survey and enter the raffle? Terms, conditions, and enticing prize details are below. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
- This Prize Draw is run by Taylor & Francis, a trading division of Informa UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 01072954 whose registered address is at 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG (the “Promoter”).
- By participating in the Prize Draw, all participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- In order to be eligible to participate in the Prize Draw, participants must:
- have completed the entry at the Taylor & Francis booth during conference exhibit hours;
- be over the age of 18 at the time of entry;
- not be an employee of the Promoter, its subsidiary and holding companies, their agents or any other person who is directly connected with the creation and operation of the prize draw or their immediate family; and
- not be in a sanctioned or embargoed country according to the International Trade Sanctions, as updated from time to time.
- The Prize Draw is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted in person at the Taylor & Francis booth, and entry is limited to once per person.
- The opening date for entries is 11 am on December 3, 2019. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 1:30 pm on December 5, 2019. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kinds. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries which are not completed for any reason.
- To complete the Prize Draw entry, participants must:
- write a response to the T&F Question of the Day on the whiteboard displayed at the booth. Responses are anonymous unless the participant chooses to add his/her name or Twitter handle for attribution. Photos of the whiteboard as a whole may be shared on Taylor & Francis social media channels for publicity purposes.
- submit contact information via an iPad form. Participants will not receive marketing emails as a result of this submission unless they explicitly opt in for these messages. Opting in is not required for Prize Draw entry.
- The winner will receive a $200 voucher for use towards his/her choice of book(s) on https://www.crcpress.com/.
- The winner will be contacted by email (using details provided at entry) and assisted with his/her purchase by a Taylor & Francis Books representative. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 14 days of email receipt to confirm interest, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited.
- The voucher can be redeemed at any time by following up with the Books representative identified in the email. Purchase delivery times will vary based on destination.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, nor its parent, subsidiary, affiliated and/or related companies, or any of its or their shareholders, directors, officers, agents, employees, contractors or distributors shall be liable in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of entering the prize draw or taking up the prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or restrict the Promoter’s liability for death or injury resulting from the negligence of the Promoter, or fraud and/or fraudulent misrepresentation. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the Prize Draw which may include the publication of their name, country and photograph in any media.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that in entering this Prize Draw, they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations including, without limitation, the Bribery Act 2010.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.