Modeling Water Science for Impact
This Special Issue aims to synthesize water modeling research on pertinent environmental challenges. We invite authors to reflect on uncertainties related to the future of water and the role of modeling in addressing and experimenting with future uncertainties. We welcome in particular interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary studies.
We invite manuscripts that contribute to work on water-related modeling related to the following themes include:
- Risk assessments of hydro-climatic extremes under climate change and human interventions
- Usage for policy instruments (governance, regulations and market-based solutions) for surface water and groundwater management
- Integrating water-related challenges of food and energy.
- Implications for addressing UN SDGs
- Uncertainty pertaining to model structure, parameterization, future water-related scenarios and decision-making for water resource management
- Water-related risks, security, and conflicts across scales including, instability, violent conflict, migration and human displacement, transboundary water disputes
- Water quality issues for wastewater treatment
- Analyses of future trends
Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences
Bringing together perspectives from a wide range of disciplines and methodologies in both the social and natural sciences we develop integrative knowledge about the processes responsible for climate change.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Prof Carolien Kroeze, Editor in Chief, and guest editor Xiaogang He welcome a diversity of authors involved or concerned with abovementioned water-related modeling issues. The Special Issue will be published open access and is targeted to a wide audience.
Instructions for authors
For the preparation of your manuscript, which should be of high quality and should not exceed 8,000 words, please use the guide for authors provided by the journal’s editors. This website also offers instructions for the different article types.
Please note that authors of accepted papers will pay an article publishing charge (APC) of £770 / $1000 / €885, plus any additional taxes, following double-blind peer review. In addition, authors working in low-income countries will receive a 100% discount, and from lower-middle income countries a 50% discount publication costs.
If you would like to apply for a waiver for an APC and submit your manuscript before December 20th, 2018, please submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12th with the subject line: Modelling Water Science for Impact Special Issue.
Please submit your papers through the online submission system of Taylor & Francis, which can be found here
When submitting, please select Special Issue paper as ‘Manuscript type’, and upon the question ‘Is your paper candidate for a Special Issue’ please click ‘Yes’ and select ‘Modelling water science for impact’ in the drop-down list.
The Journal works with a double-blind peer-review system, and you are therefore reminded to submit an anonymous version of your manuscript in addition to one with full details.
The final publication of the special issue will be Summer 2019