Call for Editor-in-Chief
International Studies of Management & Organization
About the Journal
Would you like to be the Editor-in-Chief of International Studies of Management & Organization?
International Studies of Management & Organization is a journal that has been published since 1971. It aims to make contemporary empirical and theoretical academic contributions in the fields of management and organization. The journal focuses on international and cross-cultural research and it addresses students, scholars, practitioners and decision makers. The international scope of the journal calls for groundbreaking papers that contribute to the advancement of management and organization theory and practice.
About the Role:
We are looking for a new Editor-in-Chief with a strong academic background and publishing experience, as well as the enthusiasm and vision to drive the journal forward. The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions to the journal and will have the authority to accept articles following successful peer review. You will uphold the highest standards of scholarship for the journal and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. Taylor & Francis will support you in all aspects of the role. We provide training and support on all editorial processes and system, including the journal online editorial office system, ScholarOne, which manages the peer-review process. We will provide you with regular journal performance data to inform your decision-making and offer guidance on strategic journal development, publishing ethics, and developments within the publishing landscape. Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community. It is a significant role with a high profile, but one that we believe is compatible with an existing academic timetable.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
• Active in the scholarly community with extensive personal networks
• Confident in engaging with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
• Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
• The ability to foster positive working relationships with authors, reviewers, editorial team members, and the in-house publishing team at Taylor & Francis.
The successful candidate will be expected to assume the role from 1 January 2022. Submitting your Application For an informal discussion of the role, please contact Vicki Whittaker, Head of Portfolio, at [email protected] If you wish to apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief please forward your CV and a vision statement to Portfolio Manager, Michelle Goff, at [email protected] Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
• Where you believe the field is headed (geographically and thematically)
• What the challenges and opportunities for the journal are, and why you are the right candidate to realize the journal’s potential
• What questions do you believe should be answered by articles in the journal
• How you would attract high-quality authors and research
• How you would promote the journal to the wider scholarly community.
We will consider applications from individuals and from editorial teams. The closing date for applications is 31 May 2021 and interviews will be held between 7 June and 11 June 2021. Please indicate your availability for interview when you submit your application.
Publishes international research on management and organization theory and practice, covering topics such as business strategy and human resource management.