Managing Sport and Leisure
Call for Systematic Review Special Issue Proposals for 2022
Managing Sport and Leisure (MSL) invites and welcomes Special Issue proposals on specific systematic reviews.
Managing Sport and Leisure (MSL) Special Issues are designed to provide an exciting opportunity to develop a critical understanding of important or emerging topics in sport and leisure management, review a topic, examine gaps in scholarship, and encourage new approaches and domains of research than is possible in single journal papers. For this call we are particularly interested in proposals containing systematic reviews that contribute comprehensive and critical assessment of knowledge in the field across multiple disciplines. Any systematic review proposal should be instrumental in developing research in sport and leisure management
All proposals should be submitted to the Associate Editor by the 1st September each year to be assessed by the Managing Sport and Leisure Editorial Board. A decision will be communicated by the 31st October with an expectation that finalised manuscripts will be submitted for production at the beginning of December the following year.
Proposals should scope and outline the relevance of the topic, the purpose of the special issue, examples of themes and sub-themes. Special Issue proposals must contain the following elements:
- Name and affiliation of the proposed Guest Editors
- Short CV of the proposed Guest Editors. This CV should include the 5 most recent publications and the 5 major publications. Please also include any editorial experience.
- Title of the Special Issue and a rationale/justification of the topic including the projected theoretical, practical and policy implications
- The names of likely contributors and reviewers for the Special Issue
- A list of any other Special Issues on the proposed topic, or any inter-related topics that have been published, or are due to be published, by other journals with an indication of how the current special issue develops a distinct contribution to the literature.
The Guest Editors are accountable to the timeline set for the production of the Special issue.
How to submit your proposal
- Submit your Special Issue proposal to the Associate Editor ([email protected]) by 1st September.
- Decisions on the Special Issue topic will be made by the Editorial Board by 31st October for this 2022 edition.
- The Guest Editors oversee the double blind review process and manage all submitted manuscripts.
Further details on the review and publication process will be provided by the Associate Editor upon acceptance of the Special Issue.