Call for Editorial Board Members
Petroleum Science & Technology
About the Journal
Petroleum Science and Technology (PST) is looking for new Editorial Board members with the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of development. PST is a high-quality publication that explores the scientific and technological processing aspects of petroleum. Research published in our journal includes heavy oil processing; tar sand and tar sand bitumen technology; bitumen science and technology, asphalt; environmental aspects of petroleum recovery; petroleum refining; and petroleum use.
About the Role:
We are seeking members to join our international Editorial Board. They will work alongside the Editor-in-Chief, Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Executive Editor, and Associate Editor. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in peer review process by reviewing papers via ScholarOne within the allocated deadline or suggesting alternative reviewers if you are unable to review within the given time.
- Encourage quality contributions to Petroleum Science and Technology from your students, colleagues, and those within your network to submit their latest research; please also consider submitting a paper yourself.
- Suggest special issues and trending topical articles for consideration to the Editor-in-Chief or submit papers on such topics to help improve the impact and reputation of the journal.
- Encouraging usage of the Journal by your faculty, students, and others in your network, which will help libraries decide to retain their subscription or decide to subscribe to the Journal at your institution; please also increase awareness of our publication by encouraging others to consider using and citing PST’s content in their own publications, where appropriate, or add the journal to your reading lists.
- Promote circulation and online usage within your network and please recommend the Journal to your institution or librarian if they do not subscribe already. Subscriptions contribute towards the Journal’s success and increased circulation means increased usage and citations.
- Provide feedback and strategic suggestion to the Editor during journal board meetings or throughout the year; Editorial Board members are essential to creating a journal development plan and we look to you to provide feedback and strategic suggestions for consideration.
- Champion Open Access: Open Research is an important part of academic publishing and will increase usage, citations, and visibility of the content. Please consider asking your networks to submit their work as open access to PST or considering doing so yourself.
We are accepting applications from highly qualified and well-connected researchers in the field of chemical engineering, petroleum engineering, environmental science, and chemistry. Prior experience in reviewing for peer-reviewed publications is preferred. This is a significant role, but one that is achievable and extremely rewarding. As an editorial board member, you will receive complimentary online access to the journal, input into the future and strategy of the journal, and a chance to work with outstanding researchers in the field. This is an unpaid position.
If you would like to apply for a position on the Editorial Board of Petroleum Science and Technology, please send your updated CV, a vision statement, and a letter explaining why you’d like to join the board to the Portfolio Manager, Bailey Young, at [email protected]. In your vision statement, we’d like you to answer the following at minimum:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the Journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would work with authors to improve the quality of their work
- Previous Editorial/ reviewer experience on a peer-reviewed journal
Your application will be considered by the Editor-in-Chief and the Deputy-Editor on a rolling basis.
The international journal of Petroleum Science and Technology publishes original, high-quality peer-reviewed research and review articles that explore: The fundamental science of fluid-fluid and rock-fluids interactions and multi-phase interfacial and transport phenomena through porous media related to advanced petroleum recovery processes, The application of novel concepts and processes for enhancing recovery of subsurface energy resources in a carbon-sensitive manner, Case studies of scaling up the laboratory research findings to field pilots and field-wide applications. Other salient technological challenges facing the petroleum industry.