Call for Editor-in-Chief
International Journal of Public Administration
About the role
We are seeking applications for an Editor-in-Chief with a strong academic background and publishing experience as well as the enthusiasm and vision to drive the journal forward. The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and initial decision-making on submissions to the journal and will have the authority to accept articles following successful peer-review. You will be responsible for constructing and managing a team of international scholars to act as your Associate Editors, and to whom you can delegate peer-review management. You will uphold the highest standards of scholarship for the journal and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. Taylor & Francis will support you in all aspects of the role. We provide training and support for you and your editorial team on all editorial processes and systems, including the journal’s online editorial office system, ScholarOne, which manages the peer-review process. We will provide you with regular journal performance data to inform your decision-making and offer guidance on strategic journal development, publishing ethics, and developments within the publishing landscape. Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community. It is a significant role with a high profile, but one that we believe is compatible with an existing academic timetable. Desired Skills Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we are looking for in a successful applicant:
• Active in the scholarly community with extensive international professional networks;
• Confident in engaging with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions and acting as IJPA’s advocate and representative in the scholarly community;
• Strong organizational and managerial skills, to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner by the editorial team;
• The ability to foster positive working relationships with authors, reviewers, editorial team members, and the in-house publishing team at Taylor & Francis.
Submitting your Application
The successful candidate will assume the role of Editor-in-Chief from 1 January, 2022 but will begin training and transition planning in Fall 2021. If you wish to apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief, please forward your CV and a vision statement to IJPA’s Portfolio Manager, Laura Raines, at [email protected] [[email protected]]. Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages, and should cover:
• Where you believe the field is headed and IJPA’s place in it;
• What the challenges and opportunities for IJPA are, and why you are the right candidate to realize the journal’s potential;
• How you would construct and manage your editorial team;
• What questions you believe should be answered by articles in the journal;
• How you would attract high-quality authors and research;
• How you would promote the journal to the wider scholarly community.
We will consider applications from individuals and from editorial teams. The closing date for applications is 16th July 2021 and interviews will be held between 25 July and 31 July 2021. Please indicate your availability for interview when you submit your application.
International Journal of Public Administration (IJPA) is an international, research-driven, and peer-reviewed publication aimed at exploring the latest developments in public administration, public policy, and management – translating theory for practice and practice into theory. The journal is a truly global journal in scope, covering developed, emerging and transitional states, nonprofit and nongovernmental organizations, and all areas of public activity. It welcomes theoretical, analytical, quantitative, qualitative, empirical, and practitioner-based, as well as individual country-based, region-based, and especially comparative works. IJPA’s target audience is not just scholars, but also policy-makers and practitioners, including aspiring public sector leaders engaged in education and research in the growing global public service, policy, and administration, and governance community.