Call For Editor
Communications in Algebra
Call for Editor-in-Chief
Taylor & Francis is looking to recruit an Editor-in-Chief for the Communications in Algebra. Communications in Algebra presents high quality papers of original research in the field of algebra, including in the topics of commutative algebra, ring theory, module theory, non-associative algebra including Lie algebras, Jordan algebras, group theory, and algebraic geometry. It is a refereed publication published twelve times a year.
We are now seeking an outstanding academic researcher or practitioner with an international reputation for research excellence, a passion for communication, and ideally prior experience of editing a scientific journal. She or he will have the opportunity to build on the Journal’s success and work with Taylor & Francis to help shape its future direction by identifying strategies to enhance its quality and reputation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making employing the Journal’s existing online submission and peer review system, ScholarOne Manuscripts™. She or he will have authority to handle and accept papers following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Publishing Ethics. Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover journal-related expenses. We will also provide the successful candidate with full ScholarOne Manuscripts™ training and organise regular meetings with Taylor & Francis where we supply data on trends in the discipline to help shape the direction of the Journal.
- Overseeing the technical content and quality of Communications in Algebra
- Providing input on all aspects of content, initial vetting of manuscripts and article selections for each issue
- Implementing improvements to the overall editorial structure of Communications in Algebra
- Interacting with board members for receipt of reviews, recommendations, decisions, etc.
- Chairing and directing editorial board meetings
- Making periodic assessments of the editorial board and recommending changes when appropriate
- Acting as spokesperson for Communications in Algebra in public forums, meetings and conferences
- Developing and maintaining beneficial links with other journals and associated organizations
The successful candidate must be able to assess the scientific merit of research papers, provide editorial direction, and stay abreast of and discuss scientific developments at a high level with \academics and practitioners during travel to conferences.
The Editor-in-Chief should possess the following characteristics:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- A published author and prior experience as a reviewer
- Previous editorial experience, which could include membership of a journal editorial board or acting as a special issue guest editor
- Experience of using online submission systems such as ScholarOne Manuscripts™
If you would be interested in applying for the position of Editor-in-Chief please forward your CV and a covering letter to the Managing Editor for consideration: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications for this position is 30 April 2019.