Call for Editor-in-Chief
About the role
Would you like to be the Editor-in-Chief of OncoImmunology?
OncoImmunology (2019 Impact Factor: 5.869) is seeking a new Editor-in-Chief with an academic background in tumor immunology, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable. The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. He, or she, will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal's Code of Publishing Ethics. This will be a co-Editor position, working in partnership with the existing Editor-in-Chief to ensure that authors receive a superior experience. Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role. Taylor & Francis will also organize regular board meetings, and we will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilises an online editorial office system, Editorial Manager. Training can be arranged. Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- Previous editing experience, e.g. as an Associate Editor or Guest Editor would be advantageous, but not essential
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
Submitting your Application
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, their CV, and their vision statement for the journal to Sophie Fagg, Portfolio Manager, [email protected] Areas to consider when preparing your vision statement include:
- Demonstrating your understanding of the research field from a global perspective;
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal's place within it;
- Potential suggestions for development of the journal;
OncoImmunology is a high-profile, open access journal of tumor immunology, examining the natural or therapy-induced recognition of cancers and the intricate interplay between oncogenesis, inflammation, and immunosurveillance. As anticancer immunotherapies continue to advance and are combined with conventional anticancer therapies, OncoImmunology aims to provide high-quality research on all aspects of fundamental and applied tumor immunology.