Call for Editor-in-Chief
Molecular & Cellular Oncology
About the Role
Molecular & Cellular Oncology are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Editor-in-Chief to join the existing co-Editors-in-Chief in growing the journal to new heights.
We are looking for an Editor-in-Chief with an academic background in the molecular and cellular biology aspects of oncology. The successful applicant should also demonstrate their passion to drive the journal forward. This is a significant role, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic/researcher timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. He, or she, will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal's Code of Publishing Ethics. Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying?
Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the international research community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- Previous editing experience, e.g. as an Associate Editor or Guest Editor would be advantageous, but not essential.
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors.
Submitting your Application
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, their CV, and their vision statement for the journal to Sophie Fagg, Portfolio Manager, [email protected]
Areas to consider when preparing your vision statement include:
- Demonstrating an understanding of the research field from a global perspective
- Perceptions on where the field is going and the Journal's place within it
- Potential suggestions for development of the Journal
Closing date for applications: 15th June 2021
Molecular & Cellular Oncology is an international journal publishing fundamental, translational and clinical research on all aspects of oncogenesis, tumor progression and therapeutic strategies.