Call For Editor-in-Chief for Cancer Biology & Therapy
Would you like to be the Editor-in-Chief of Cancer Biology & Therapy?
We are looking for a new Editor-in-Chief with an academic background in the molecular basis of cancer relating to diagnosis and therapy, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. He, or she, will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. There will be a designated editorial contact who will provide guidance and training throughout your time as Editor-in-Chief.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover journal-related expenses. Taylor & Francis will also organise regular board meetings, and we will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilises an online editorial office system known as Editorial Manager for the processing of all manuscripts to provide a central hub of information and tools to assist you with your duties.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
About the Journal
Cancer Biology & Therapy aims to publish original research and timely reviews on the molecular basis of cancer, including articles with translational relevance to diagnosis or therapy. The goal is to foster communication and the rapid exchange of information around the numerous cellular and molecular genetic changes and the host-tumor interactions that accompany tumor development and progression.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner, with the support of Associate Editors if required.
- Confidence that published content reflects the highest standards of academic and scientific rigour and excellence
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
- This position may be available as a co-editorship – please note your interest in this in your application.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief, please forward your CV, a covering letter (including your renumeration expectations) and a vision statement to Sophie Fagg (Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org), Portfolio Manager for Cancer Biology & Therapy. Your vision statement should be no longer than one page and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board to assess manuscripts in a timely manner
- How you would develop the journal to increase the quality of submissions