The HERDSA Routledge Reviewer of the Year Award
A rigorous and developmental peer review process is essential to the work of Higher Education Research & Development (HERD). It is largely thanks to the dedication of reviewers that HERD continues to provide the high quality, timely reviews that are so valued by our authors. To recognize the commitment of HERD reviewers, we launched the HERDSA Routledge Reviewer of the Year Award in 2020.
This annual Award, with a total prize of $500.00, plus a free e-book from Routledge up to the value of $100 will generally be presented at the HERDSA Conference. (In the event that the Award is given to more than one reviewer, the prize money will be shared equally).
The Award is based on the following criteria;
- Timeliness: completion of timely reviews of at least four manuscripts within the previous calendar year.
- Review content: substantive feedback, including helpful ideas for moving the submission forward.
- Review style: clear writing, constructive tone.
Joint winners of the Award in 2020 are:
- Sin WangChong, Queen's University Belfast, UK.
- Shannon Mason,Nagasaki University, Japan/ Murdoch University, Australia.
The HERD editorial team commend Sin Wang and Shannon for their exceptional dedication to providing timely well-structured, clearly written reviews, which are consistently constructive in tone.