About the prize
In 2021 Managing Sport and Leisure (MSL) will commence its ‘Early Career Researcher Award’ (ECRA). This award is awarded to an early career or junior researcher in recognition of an outstanding contribution to our journal. The award is based on a newly submitted manuscript to the journal specifically for this award. The author will be recognised through an interview on their career, aspirations, and research, which will be published in an issue of MSL. Additionally, authors will receive a £150 voucher for Routledge books, a one-year free subscription to MSL and their published works will be made free access for a period of time.
- The award is open to any author who has completed their Postgraduate degree within six years of the award year (starting in 2022).
- Submissions can be single or co-authored submissions. If co-authored the award applicant must be the lead author. If a submission is successful, the same applicant cannot apply twice.
- A committee of at least three editorial board members of MSL will be formed to evaluate submissions.
- Submissions should demonstrate their practical relevance and/or theoretical/conceptual applicability to the field of sport management. In all cases submissions should demonstrate excellence in research and scholarship.
- The review process will be open and transparent. Each member of the committee will be asked whether there are potential conflicts of interest with each submission.
- Unsuccessful submissions can still be considered for publication through the journal’s review process.
- Each submission should include a CV and cover letter along with the full manuscript.
- Application documents should be submitted through manuscript central for MSL.
- Please select the submission for 'Early Career Researcher Award'.
- You should submit your manuscript by (10th January 2022).
Please email Dr Alex Culvin on [email protected] with any further questions.