Best Paper Award
By Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering
Scroll down to discover our award winning papers from 2002 to 2019!
ABOUT THE AWARD
This award is presented to outstanding papers published in this journal by the Architectural Institute of Japan, Architectural Institute of Korea and Architectural Society of China, and is given to a maximum of six papers (not more than one per field) once a year and announced on the homepage of Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering (JAABE).
2019 Best Paper Winners
Read the full announcement here.
|Effect of Household Economic Indices on Sustainability of Community Gardens||Jooseok Oh and Seiyong Kim|
|Research on the correlation between pedestrian density and street spatial characteristics of commercial blocks in downtown area: a case study on Shanghai Tianzifang||Kai Fang, Xinpeng Wang, Lin Chen, Zhehan Zhang and Nobuaki Furuya|
|Mechanical hysteresis model of a metal-wire Kagome truss for seismic strengthening for building systems||Jae-Seung Hwang, Kang-Seok Lee, Moo-Won Hur and Sang-Hyun Lee|
|Potential lighting and thermal demand reduction in office buildings using blind control considering surrounding buildings||Woong June Chung, Chunde Liu and Yoon-Bok Seong|
|Development of All-In-One Attachment-Based PHC Pile Head Cutting Robot||Dong-Jun Yeom, Yesul Park, Young-Suk Kim and Jung-Yeol Kim|
Eligible for selection shall be papers published in all 6 issues of the present year.
- Numbers of awardees
The award shall be given once a year to a maximum of six papers in the following fields, at most one paper per field.
a. Architectural History and Theory
b. Architectural Planning and Design
c. Building Structures and Materials
d. Construction Management
e. Environmental Engineering
f. Urban Planning and Design
- Evaluation method
- Field Editors shall ask Contact Editors in the relevant fields to recommend one paper from his/her country and one from other countries.
- Contact Editors shall notify their Field Editors of recommended papers with their evaluations, made according to the following evaluation criteria:
a. High quality content of an international level
b. Exploration of new areas, methodologies, and concepts
c. Abundant in originality, pioneering achievement, novelty, and potential
d. Outstanding in accuracy, diligence and effort
- Field Editors and Contact Editors, considering the evaluations submitted, shall give scores by voting in an open ballot per field. The final grades shall be the total scores divided by the number of votes.
a. Excellent: 4
b. Very good: 3
c. Good: 2
d. Average: 1
e. Below average: 0
- The Field Editors and Contact Editors of each field shall nominate one paper to the JAABE Editorial Committee. The grade of nominated papers shall in principle be 2.0 or more.
- The JAABE Editorial Committee shall decide the winning papers based on nominations by the Field Editors.
Testimonials shall be presented to the recipients of the award. In principle, only the first authors shall be the recipients of the award.
Winning papers and awardees shall be announced on the homepage of JAABE.
The Field Editors and Contact Editors shall decline to evaluate papers, if they have the following special relationships with the authors of the papers considered: relatives, masters and pupils, colleagues, and co-authors. The Field Editors and Contact Editors who happen to be the authors (first authors/co-authors) of recommended papers shall decline to evaluate papers and appoint a deputy from the Editorial Board and invest him/her with full power.