European Review of History Translation/Language Editing Prize
About the prize
The European Review of History/ Revue européenne d’histoire is glad to announce the second edition of its biennial translation/language editing prize for young scholars. The £500 prize will be awarded to a non-native speaker of English or French, going towards the cost of translation or language editing of an article of outstanding quality that falls within the scope of the journal. For more details please click here: http://ow.ly/qYYl3072mC6.
The deadline for submission is 15 September 2019. This year we are seeking submissions from young scholars whose primary working language is Czech, Slovak, Serbo-Croatian, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian or Lithuanian. The articles will go through one round of blind peer review in their original language insofar as possible. Based on the outcome of this review round, a winner will be selected by the editorial board of the journal by December 2019. The prize will enable the winner to pay for the costs a professional translation or editing of their work into French or English. The translated article (in English or French) will undergo a second round of peer review before publication.
Conditions for participation:
- only early career scholars can participate (doctoral students or postdocs max. 5 years after PhD defence)
- the article must have been written in Czech, Slovak, Serbo-Croatian, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian or Lithuanian
- the article must be research-based (not in the category of historiography or review essay)
- word length between 7,000 and 9,000 words
- the article may already have been published in its original language (and duly acknowledge the fact).
Articles should be submitted as a Word document and sent to Katarzyna Nowak at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to the article, we ask for a short abstract of 350 words maximum as well as a motivational letter explaining why you believe this article should be published in the European Review of History/ Revue européenne d’histoire.