Share your Exhibition Reviews
We welcome reviews about exhibitions that broadly relate to the core values of the Journal of Visual Art Practice. JVAP is concerned with visual art practice including the social, economic, political and cultural frames within which the formal concerns of art and visual art practice are located. The journal is concerned with research engaged in these disciplines, and with the contested ideas of knowledge formed through that research.
For information about the journal please see http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/rjvp20
Exhibition reviews would normally be 750-1000 words in length. However, if you wish to make it longer, please discuss this with the Reviews Editor (See below).
Please head your review with information about the exhibition:
- Title, venue and dates of the current exhibition. If the exhibition is touring, please state original site with dates, and the next venues, also with dates
- Name of the curator(s) and exhibition designer(s)
- Title and full references for the exhibition catalogue, if there is one.
Following this information, please type “Reviewed by” followed by your name, title, and affiliation.
Please use the Taylor and Francis style guidance for your review. http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/authors/style/reference/tf_ChicagoAD.pdf
Below are some aspects that you might want to consider:
- The overall concept of the exhibition
- How well this is communicated
- Any particular works within the exhibition
- How the exhibition fits within and possibly extends its contexts – artistic, historic, conceptual, related exhibitions…
Please send exhibition reviews to Imogen Racz: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helping you Publish your Research
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!