Join the Conversation!
Share your research with the Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment
Deadline: 31 August 2019
Scaling up Green Finance in Asia:
The Role of Policies and Regulations
The Inter-Governmental Panel on Climate Change in their latest report noted that mobilization of climate finance is critical to limit global warming to 1.5◦C, and to prevent catastrophic climate change. To fully implement the Paris Agreement, US$ 1.5 trillion of green financing is required annually till 2030. Raising green finance is also important in Asia for meeting energy demand, which grows fast due to economic growth, population growth and improvements in energy access. Increasing low-carbon investments to the level necessary for the 1.5◦C pathway requires a major shift in investment patterns. This shift would require government policies to redirect financial resources. Government policies are playing an increasingly important role in efforts to mainstream green finance. Recently new government policies supporting green finance were implemented in Asia. Such policies include green bond standards, green bond grant schemes, green loans, sustainability disclosure and reporting requirements, etc.
We invite submissions addressing issues related to green finance, in particular addressing the following (as well as other relevant) themes with the focus on Asia:
- National policies supporting green finance
- Market barriers for green finance
- The role of governments in promoting green finance
- Green finance and its development
- Definitions, standards and guidance for green finance, including international, national and corporate
- Sustainability disclosure and reporting, including international, national and corporate
- The role of public green finance in promoting private finance
- National policies boosting demand for green finance
- Green finance market development.
We welcome all methodologies and theoretical orientations. Please format and reference your paper according to requirements of the Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment.