Join the conversation.
Clifford J. Sager, MD
Helen Singer Kaplan, MD, PhD
Book Review Editor:
Kathryn Hall, PhD, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Aims & Scope of the Journal
The Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy is one of the top independent journals in the field. Under the prestigious leadership of R. Taylor Segraves, M.D. — one of the world’s foremost experts in sex and marital therapy — JSMT is an active and contemporary forum reflecting the most viable developments emanating from the U.S. and abroad. JSMT continues to break new ground with innovative research and clinical writing, and the editor is committed to showcasing the most far-reaching traditional and contemporary thinking from all sources. You will read about therapeutic techniques, outcome, special clinical and medical problems, and the theoretical parameters of sexual functioning, and marital relationships.
Featured topics in the journal include:
- Sexual Dysfunctions — ranging from dysparenia to autogynephelia to pedophilia
- Therapeutic Techniques — including psychopharmacology and sexual counseling for a wide range of dysfunctions.
- Clinical Considerations — sexual dysfunction and its relationship to aging, unemployment, alcoholism, and more
- Theoretical Issues — such as the ethics of pornography in the AIDS era
- Marital Relationships — including psychological intimacy and marital stability in women abused as children.
Helping you Publish your Research
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
The 2019 Young Investigator Award will be presented to the author of the best manuscript accepted for publication by the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy between January 1 and December 31, 2019 by a clinician or investigator within 5 years of receiving a terminal degree ( ie MD, PhD, RN, MSW).
This award includes a $1500 honorarium. If you submit a manuscript and wish to be considered for this reward for this award, please notify me by e-mail (email@example.com) so that I can arrange expedited review of your manuscript.