Journal of Personality Assessment
Publishing research with a real-world impact.
Could your knowledge contribute to making a difference in the fast-moving world of criminal justice, among dozens of other vital real-world settings?
The Journal of Personality Assessment publishes cutting-edge research related to the psychological assessment of normative personality processes, as well as psychopathology and maladaptive personality.
Research into these processes can often lead to breakthroughs in real-world criminal cases, as well as in clinical and health related fields, in industry and the workplace, in screening candidates for public safety positions, among many other vital real-world areas.
The Journal of Personality Assessment is inviting submissions, and would be delighted to review your article. Read our Instructions for Authors for guidance on how to submit.
Read the latest research
Navigate the links below to read a selection of popular recent open access articles from the journal for free.
Could you be the next contributor to Journal of Personality Assessment?
Take a look at our instructions for authors to find out more about publishing with the journal.
Publishing with JPA ensures:
- Validation of your article with our robust peer review process
- Global reach with an international readership
- Visibility of publishing in a journal ranked 23/75 in 'Psychology, Social' category of the Journal Citation Reports® and a 5 Year Impact Factor of 3.932
Why publish open access?
- Increase the visibility and readership of your research by publishing in a fully open access journal.
- Make an impact beyond the academy by making your article accessible to anyone, anywhere (including readers in industry and even policy-makers).
- Benefit from format-free submission, saving you more time for your research.
- Freely share your work with no restrictions or paywall.
- Retain ownership of your research through our unrestrictive publishing agreements.
- Discounts and waivers for researchers in developing countries are available. The journal will also consider requests for discretionary APC waivers. Find out if your institution or country has an open access agreement to publish with us.
Ready to publish your manuscript?