How you can join the Jisc and Taylor & Francis agreement
How could it benefit you?
This new three-year transitional agreement between Taylor & Francis Group and Jisc is truly transformative and combines access and open access (OA) publishing to Taylor & Francis Group’s portfolio of journals. Institutions can join the agreement to give their library users full read access to journal content while offering their UK authors the opportunity to publish OA.
Moreover, current Taylor & Francis subscriptions customers are eligible for special pricing of journal collections when joining the agreement, increasing how much content their library users have while making their budgets stretch further.
Whether your institution has a high research output or not, there is something for every library in this agreement. This page details more information about the deal and how you can speak to someone about how this deal could work for you.
How could this agreement benefit your institution?
- Your library users would have reading access to Taylor & Francis journal content based on current holdings
- Your (UK) authors would have the opportunity to publish open access at no cost to them
- Your authors can publish OA up to an agreed cap, on a first come, first served basis in approx. 2,300 Taylor & Francis and Routledge Open Select (hybrid) titles
- You would have access to fully integrated library and author OA infrastructure, including the Taylor & Francis Research Dashboard, to monitor your college or institution’s OA output simply and effectively
- If you are a current Taylor & Francis subscriptions customer, you can acquire the full journal collection in your preferred subject area when joining this agreement at a special discounted price
- Your budget will stretch further, allowing your library users full access to journal collections for less
- If you are not a current Taylor & Francis subscriptions customer, you can talk to us about joining this agreement, or how we can work with you to maximise your budget and access to content
Jisc and Taylor & Francis
This partnership recognises the goals of research funders and Jisc to transform access to UK research output so that the impact derived from research can be increased. It provides participating Jisc members with an OA allowance that covers 100% of the current levels of UK research Taylor & Francis Group has been publishing on a subscription basis.
How you can join the agreement
Simply add your details to the form and we will get in touch with you about how this agreement could work for your institution and library users.
How this agreement benefits researchers
As the largest humanities and social sciences (HSS) publisher, publishing 9% of all UK research, this agreement is particularly important as a route to OA for HSS researchers who do not regularly benefit from the same levels of funding as their peers in the science, technology and medicine (STM) disciplines. Browse information about this agreement in the video or infographic and get in touch with us if you have any questions.