Call for Associate Editor
Journal of Education for Business
About the Role
Journal of Education for Business (JEB) is seeking an Associate Editor to work alongside the Editor in Chief, Dr. Jim Morrison (University of Delaware). The incoming Associate Editor will receive guidance from Taylor & Francis. The Associate Editor position will officially start in late 2021.
The journal utilizes ScholarOne Manuscript central for submission management. The position will also include a stipend.
Here are the responsibilities the Associate Editor will undertake:
• Conduct preliminary review of manuscript suitability and quality
• Identifying and inviting reviewers to anonymously provide feedback
• Assessing returned reviews
• Overseeing the resubmission and production of manuscripts
• Encourage and solicit submissions to JEB
• Collaborate with the Editor in Chief and Editorial Board to maintain and develop quality and reputation of JEB
Here are the skills and attributes we are looking for:
• Someone active in the community with strong networks
• Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
• PhD in a field relevant to the aims & scope of Journal of Education for Business
• Commitment to ethical peer review standards, a knowledge and an understanding of COPE guidelines a plus
• Familiarity with the double-anonymous peer review process
Submitting Your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Associate Editor please email your CV and vision statement to Kristen Brida, [[email protected]]. Your vision statement should be between 1-2 pages and should address:
• Your interest and expertise within fields related to Journal of Education in Business
• Where you think JEB currently stands and what would you further develop?
• How does your scholarly and professional experience make you an ideal fit for the Associate Editor position?
• How would you work in partnership with the Editor in Chief and Editorial Board
• How you would work with authors and reviewers
Applications will be due on September 15th, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST and the successful candidate will be selected in early October.
Applicants who do not provide a vision statement will not be considered. If you have any questions, please email Portfolio Manager, Kristen Brida.
The Journal of Education for Business is for those educating tomorrow's businesspeople. The journal primarily features basic and applied research-based articles in entrepreneurship, accounting, communications, economics, finance, information systems, management, marketing, and other business disciplines. Along with the focus on reporting research within traditional business subjects, an additional expanded area of interest is publishing articles within the discipline of entrepreneurship. Articles report successful innovations in teaching and curriculum development at the college and postgraduate levels. Authors address changes in today's business world and in the business professions that are fundamentally influencing the competencies that business graduates need. JEB also offers a forum for new theories and for analyses of controversial issues. Articles in the Journal fall into the following categories: Original and Applied Research; Editorial/Professional Perspectives; and Innovative Instructional Classroom Projects/Best Practices. Articles are selected on a blind peer-reviewed basis.