Call for Editor-in-Chief
About the Role
Toxin Reviews is an international forum for publishing research on toxins, their characteristics, activities, and mechanisms of action, ranging in scope from new, underutilized substances, through anti-venoms to chemical and biological weapons.
We are looking for a new Editor-in-Chief with an academic background in toxins or related biological sciences. The successful applicant should also demonstrate their passion to drive the journal forward. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable. Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. They will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the international research community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
- This position may be available as a co-editorship – please note your interest in this in your application
- The role will formally begin in January 2022. It is expected there will be a transition period
Submitting your Application
Deadline for applications: 30th June 2021.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, their CV, and their vision statement for the journal to Shaunna Whitters ([email protected]).
Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors
Toxin Reviews provides an international forum for publishing state-of-the-art reviews and guest-edited single topic special issues covering the multidisciplinary research in the area of toxins derived from animals, plants and microorganisms. Our aim is to publish reviews that are of broad interest and importance to the toxinology as well as other life science communities. Toxin Reviews aims to encourage scientists to highlight the contribution of toxins as research tools in deciphering molecular and cellular mechanisms, and as prototypes of therapeutic agents. Reviews should emphasize the role of toxins in enhancing our fundamental understanding of life sciences, protein chemistry, structural biology, pharmacology, clinical toxinology and evolution. Prominence will be given to reviews that propose new ideas or approaches and further the knowledge of toxinology.