Call for Editor-in-Chief
Expert Review of Proteomics
About the Role
Expert Review of Proteomics is currently looking for an Editor-in-Chief.
We are looking for a candidate with an excellent academic background in proteomics and human health, and a clear understanding of this field and its needs. This will be a significant role, with a high profile, but one that is compatible with a busy academic schedule.
The journal is part of Taylor & Francis’ Expert Collection and aims to gather technologies, methods and discoveries from the field of proteomics to advance scientific understanding of the many varied roles of protein expression, with a focus on human health and disease.
A successful candidate will lead the Editorial Board and work closely with the Commissioning Editor and Portfolio Manager on a regular basis to transform and improve the Journal. They will be an advocate for the proteomics community and ensure that the journal evolves in step with its needs. They will direct and advise as we work to expand and restructure the editorial board.
They will regularly review and direct the commissioning process, help the editorial office triage non-commissioned work, including original research, and aid with decision making on manuscripts.
They will act as ambassador for the journal at key events and increasingly online.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Internationally recognised expertise in human proteomics, with a strong publication record.
- Strong personal networks within the proteomics community and an eagerness to grow and build upon them.
- Appetite to foster positive working relationships with the Commissioning Editor and Portfolio Manager.
- A vision and enthusiasm to transform the Journal.
- Availability and enthusiasm to guide the Commissioning Editor on topics and areas of research to commission on to increase readership.
- Regular attendee of key events at which they are happy to champion the Journal.
- Presence on social media platforms, strongly desirable.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief, please forward your CV, a covering letter, and a vision statement to James Crosby ([email protected]), Commissioning Editor, and Rebecca Hogg ([email protected]), Portfolio Manager. Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the Journal’s place within it.
- How you would work in partnership with the Editorial Board.
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions.
- How you would work with authors.
Expert Review of Proteomics aims to gather technologies, methods and discoveries from the field of proteomics to advance scientific understanding of the many varied roles protein expression plays in human health and disease.