Call for Managing Editor
International Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Administration
About the Role
The Managing Editor is responsible for ensuring the International Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Administration continues to publish articles in a timely manner appropriate to the aims and objectives of the Journal so as to maintain the Journal’s reputation as a high quality publication suitable for both academic and interested public audiences. The work involved is variable but typically 10 hours per week.
The expectation is that the Managing Editor will remain in post for three years (with an option to renew) and there is a six month period of notice for either party. There is an honorarium of $1,500 attached to the role.
- Liaise with authors and provide clear instructions about submissions to the Journal;
- Respond to article submissions by assigning responsibility for overseeing the refereeing process;
- In liaison with the Editor-in-Chief, oversee the work of the Editorial Board by (a) ensuring submissions are evaluated in a timely manner, and to a high standard of peer review (b) by responding to queries from authors or members of the board;
- Action appropriate tasks as identified from time to time by the Editorial Board;
- Communicate with the Editorial Board or reviewers directly if a review is overdue;
- Advise on the membership of the Board;
- Make sure that authors have adhered to the standard format of the IJHTA.
- Actively solicit submissions to the Journal.
Submitting your Application
You are invited to submit an expression of interest in the form of an email and accompanied by a CV to:
Katie Gezi, [email protected]
Further information and/or interviews may be requested as part of the application process.
The closing date for applications is 1st December 2021.
The International Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Administration is an applied, international hospitality and tourism management journal designed to help practitioners and researchers stay abreast of the latest developments in the field, as well as facilitate the exchange of ideas. The Journal publishes refereed articles on best practices of hospitality and tourism management, applied research studies, and critical reviews on major issues affecting the hospitality and tourism sectors.