Call for Editorial Board Members
International Journal of Neuroscience
About the role
The Editorial Board Role
Being a member of the Editorial Board is an unpaid role, but we do not anticipate it taking up more than a few hours each month. We will always respect times when members are unavailable.
Editorial Board Member Expectations
• Serve a 3-year term (renewable by mutual agreement) on the journal’s Editorial Board.
• Provide at least two reviews a year. If not possible, the member must offer alternative reviewers.
• Assist Editors with assessment of manuscripts prior to peer review and help in adjudication of articles where there are contradictory reviewer recommendations.
• Submit at least two high quality submissions to the journal.
• Encourage the submission of high impact research to the Journal from colleagues and collaborators.
• Provide feedback, insight and recommendation as to how to improve the quality and impact of the journal.
• Participate in an annual Editorial Board meeting at speciality conferences or through organised conference-call meetings.
Declaration of Interests
We ask all board members to provide a declaration of interests and to update this as necessary.
Submitting your Application
If you are interested in joining the Editorial Board please send your CV and cover letter to the Portfolio Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will consider your application on the following criteria:
1) Will your qualifications help the editorial direction of the journal?
2) Does the journal believe that is a vacancy for your expertise?
3) Do you have a peer review record for neuroscience research?
4) Do you have any journal editing/publishing experience?
Your application will be considered by the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor team.