Join the Conversation
with Industry & Innovation
Deadline: 31 January 2020
Share your Special Issue Proposal
Industry and Innovation is inviting proposals for Special Issues on topics or issues that are poorly understood and are important for advancing our understanding on the processes underlying of industry dynamics and innovation. The expected publication for the selected Special Issues will be in 2021 and 2022. The scope of the Special Issue proposals can be on any phenomenon or issue that is consistent with the Industry and Innovation Aims and Scope.
The Special Issue proposal must contain the following:
- Name and affiliation of the Guest Editors
- Short CV of the Guest Editors
- Call for Papers for the Special Issue. This Call for Papers must include:
- A provisional title
- Justification for dedicating an entire issue to this Special Issue topic
- The Special Issue’s objective
- The Special Issue’s scope, including potential themes to be addressed in the Special Issue
- Examples of questions that would meet the objective of the Special Issue
- Description of Industry and Innovation’s profile and editorial aims
- Special Issues cannot be restricted to researchers participating in specific conferences, workshops, symposia or other small group meetings as Industry and Innovation has a requirement that Special Issues must be open to any researcher working on the addressed topic.
- Special Issues should adhere to the international character of the journal and the Special Issue should attract contributors from around the world.
- Guest Editors are also asked to include a list of potential reviewers in their proposal.
The submission process is open from now until the deadline of January 31, 2020. During this process potential guest editors can interact and ask for advice from the Special Issues editor and other members of the editorial team in order to write a proposal that fits the scope and overall requirements of Industry and Innovation. Following this deadline the proposals will be competitively selected by the Editor-in-Chief of Industry and Innovation in consultation with the editorial team. During this evaluation process the editorial team may approach experts in the area of the Special Issue topic to give their opinions on the proposal.
Format of the Special Issue Submissions
Guest Editors normally select five papers, depending on the length, to be included in the Special Issue and also write an introduction to the Special Issue of approximately 2000 words. If too few papers reach the required high standard for publication, the Editor-in-Chief may publish a themed issue also containing regular papers or cancel the Special Issue entirely.
Manuscripts for the Special Issue have to comply with the general Industry and Innovation style guide available from the journal’s website. They should be submitted electronically to the Industry and Innovation submission system. Following an eligibility check and quick quality check, papers selected for review will receive a double-blind review following Industry and Innovation’s normal review process.
Guest Editors are required to adhere to the Industry and Innovation editorial processes and turnaround times. These editorial procedures include a rigorous peer-review process, which ensures that only the highest quality manuscripts will be selected for inclusion in the Special Issue.
Guest Editors are strongly advised against submitting own papers to the special issue. In case papers with one or more guest editors are submitted, reviews and decisions are undertaken by the Editor-in-Chief of Industry and Innovation.
You are welcome to submit your Special Issue proposal to [email protected]. Please contact Bram Timmermans, Special Issues editor of Industry and Innovation, via email with any questions you might have concerning this process of special issues in general.