Join the Conversation!
Share your Research with the Journal of the Indian Ocean Region
Themes of particular interest for 2020 and 2021
The journal seeks research articles, discussion papers, policy papers and book reviews on major Indian Ocean issues such as:
- regional geopolitics
- resource exploitation
- environmental degradation and conservation
- maritime jurisdiction, coastal management, ocean laws, maritime security
- Indian Ocean island states
- human and environmental security
- human trade and cooperation
- civil society
- water security, food security, land grabs
- nuclear security and diplomacy issues
- piracy, terrorism, other challenges to maritime power; and other matters of geostrategic interest
- new regionalisms – the rise of China, the future of the Indo-Pacific; connections between geoeconomics and geosecurities
Interstate relations and traditional and non-traditional security threats thus constitute the substantive, but not necessarily exclusive, contents of the Journal of the Indian Ocean Region.
Suggestions for papers related to other issues of relevance to the Indian Ocean Region are always welcome. Potential contributors should review JIOR's Instructions for Authors prior to submission.
Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts and proposals to the commissioning editor: Sanjay Chaturvedi | Email Sanjay