Call For Editor
Application Deadline: December 2, 2019
Would you like to be the Editor of Informatics for Health & Social Care?
Informatics for Health & Social Care is looking for a new Editor with an academic background in health informatics and health and social care, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. The journal was founded in 1976 and is the official publication of the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA). The position of Editor-in-Chief for Informatics for Health & Social Care is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. They will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. There will be an agreed handover period with the current Editor to ensure seamless transition.
Taylor & Francis will organize regular meetings between the Publisher and the Editor-in-Chief, and we will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilizes an online editorial office system for submissions, provided by ScholarOne Manuscripts.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Qualifications for the Successful Candidate
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors, Reviewers, and Editorial Board members
- Working with the editorial board to commission and solicit content to build a content pipeline for the journal, which may include themed issues and collections of conference papers
About the Journal
Informatics for Health & Social Care promotes evidence-based informatics as applied to the domain of health and social care. It showcases informatics research and practice within the many and diverse contexts of care; it takes personal information, both its direct and indirect use, as its central focus.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and a vision statement to Melody Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 31, 2019.